Protecting your Privacy
Inspire Fitness and Personal Training:
This privacy notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we will store and handle that data and keep it safe.
The Legal Basis we rely on:
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which we need to collect and process your persona data including:
- Contractual Obligations
In order to comply with our contractual obligations to deliver the service of Personal Training we need your personal data such as ParQ Health Questionnaire, Date of Birth, contact details such as email, phone number, address, emergency contact details and GP contact information.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit our website and inform us of your personal details such as address, telephone number, email address and your reason for contacting us in our “contact us” page.
- When you engage with us on social media such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- When you connect with us on What’s App, My Fitness Pal, Dropbox, Messenger, text or email.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you on Typeform, Survey Monkey or other forms of survey.
- When you comment on or review our services or send us testimonials for use on our social media platforms.
- When you fill any forms – EG: Food diary, ParQ and Health Questionnaire, Lifestyle Questionnaire, Contact Sheets.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
- We collect your paper copy of your ParQ Health Questionnaire, your contact details including email address, home address, phone numbers, date of birth, food diary, and tracking sheets used to measure your training.
- Details of your interactions with us online or by using text, what’s app, email, twitter, intagram or via the website, facebook or messenger.
- We also collect details of your interactions with us such as notes from conversations with you, comments you make, details of the training sessions.
- Your online comments – via Facebook or Google
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
How and Why do we use your personal data?
If you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we will not be able to provide the services you have asked for.
- To comply with our contractual and legal obligations: ie we need to have you Health details and contact information in order to provide the service of Personal Training and for insurance purposes.
How we protect your personal data:
We know how much your data security matters to you as clients. With this is mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and will take all appropriate steps to protect it.
Your personal details. ParQ Health Questionnaire and notes pertaining to our conversations are kept in a locked filing cabinet in the office at Inspire Fitness and Personal Training. Only the Data Protection Officer has access.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We are legally obliged to keep your personal data for 7 years.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Your information is not currently shared with any other third party. Should this be subject to change we will seek consent prior to sharing and inform you of your rights under this legal basis of process.
Where your personal data may be processed?
Your personal data may be processed into an Excel Spreadsheet in order to provide a Personal Training Programme. The PT programme is password protected with only the Data Protection Officer to have access.
What are your rights of over your personal data:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you free of charge.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete
- That we stop using your personal data – please note if you wish for us to cease using your personal data we will no longer be able to supply the service of Personal Training.
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at anytime as follows:
To ask for your information please contact The Data Protection Officer and Representative – Adele Crothall owner at Inspire Fitness and Personal Training – 6 Douglas Park Crescent, Bearsden, G61 3DS.
Contacting the Regulator:
If you feel you that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our responses to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling: 0303 123 113
Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns (opens in a new window; please not we cannot be responsible for the content of external websites)
If you are based outside of the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact our Data Protection Officer/Controller and Representative who will be pleased to help you:
- Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or Write to us at Inspire Fitness and Personal Training, 6 Douglas Park Crescent, Bearsden, G61 3DS.